Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Sarah's Top Ten for 2013

There is some overlap between Becky's top ten and mine . . . but I actually have more than ten books I'm looking forward to, so I'll leave out some of the ones that Becky has already named.

 Quintana of Charyn by Melina Marchetta
This is the third (and I believe final) book in the Lumatere series, and I am beyond excited about it. I loved the first two books, in fact, they are some of my favorite fantasy books I have ever read, so I can only imagine the third book will be equally as good.
 Mind Games by Kiersten White
I loved the Paranormalcy series by her, and I think the premise of this book sounds exciting, so I'm ready for this one to come out, and I'm hoping my library will have it.
Boundless by Cynthia Hand
The first two books in this series didn't blow me away, but I liked the premise of these books, and it was refreshing to have a female lead who wasn't utterly pathetic when it came to boys. This supernatural YA will hopefully end the series on a high note.
 Unravel Me by Tahereh Mafi
I am beyond excited about this book! I introduced this series to Becky, and I'm glad we share sisterly love for it. This author is unique and fresh. Also, her youtube videos are really funny. Check her out, and check out her books.
 Through the Ever Night by Veronica Rossi
This is another keeper of a series. It's written in third person which I find so refreshing for a YA paranormal book. The romance is good, and the characters are non annoying. I'm excited to find out more about the world this author built.
 Eleanor and Park by Rainbow Rowell
I read another book by this author that was all things good except for a few plot points that I simply could not wrap my head around. I hoping for a little more refinement out of her second piece.
 School Spirits by Rachel Hawkins
If you enjoy laughing at all, go read the Hex Hall series by her. So good. Which is why I'm hopeful for this spin off series. Her writing makes me laugh and laugh, and I love to laugh.
A Memory of Light by Robert Jordan/Brandon Sanderson
Like Becky, I'm so ready to read the last book of this series. Becky handed me the first book, The Eye of the World, when I was but an 11 year old lass, and I have been reading voraciously ever since. The anticipation has been killing me for 13 years, people!







Isla and the Happily Ever After by Stephanie Perkins (no cover art yet)
This woman knows how to write an utterly adorable romance. Think about your favorite chick flicks. We're talking the classics like While You Were Sleeping, You've Got Mail, Sleepless in Seattle, and not the trashy, utterly unromantic garbage they've reeled out in the last decade. These books are like those chick flicks. You will want to revisit your favorite scenes and read them over and over again. Thus, I have high expectations for this book.

Rebel Belle by Rackel Hawkins (no cover art yet)
Another by Hawkins. As long as she keeps me laughing I will probably read anything she writes.

No comments: