Monday, December 10, 2012

The Unlikely Romance of Kate Bjorkman: Book Review

So the Christmas season is upon us. I have been filling some of my hours with really corny, cheesy, and sometimes just plain amazing Christmas movies. I feel like there are a few things that really get me in the spirit of Christmas: a tree, decorations, wonderful Christmas music, good and bad Christmas movies, and now I'm going to add a good Christmas book to that list. I read this book a few months ago, but now I'm thinking about rereading it because it's the perfect little YA, romance, Christmassy book. Read it, squeel with delight, and feel the spirit of Christmas.

The Unlikely Romance of Kate Bjorkman by Louise Plummer

Description: Hi, I'm Kate Bjorkman. What do you do if you've lived a real romance with a great guy and he loves you as much as you love him? Simple, I wrote a romance novel with help from THE ROMANCE WRITER'S PHRASE BOOK. Nothing is made up. I want truth and conflict even in romance. I'm betting you'll want the same.

 It's a fairly fluffy book (or...super fluffy), but it definitely made me laugh. I can forgive a book many faults if it gets me to genuinely laugh. In the out loud sense. Then Mark hears me laugh and says, "What's up?" and I awkwardly try to give enough background information to tell him the joke from the book, but then he just ends up grunting, "Funny." Anyhoo, this was a cute little book. I recommend.

3.5 Stars

No comments: