Thursday, December 13, 2012

Hana: Book Review

I read Hana as an eBook that I checked out from the library. Can I just say how much I love that I can check out eBooks? It is awesome. Hana is a companion chapter to the Delirium book; you know, that book that depicts love as a disease. I recommend reading Delirium before you read this one... or this one won't make any sense at all.

Hana by Lauren Oliver

Goodreads Description:
The summer before they're supposed to be cured of the ability to love, best friends Lena and Hana begin to drift apart. While Lena shies away from underground music and parties with boys, Hana jumps at her last chance to experience the forbidden. For her, the summer is full of wild music, dancing—and even her first kiss.


Review:  I thought that this was an interesting chapter in the Delirium story. Getting to see Hana's side of the story and figuring out a bit of her back story was satisfying. Originally, I wondered why Hana had that bit of rebellion in her and what motivated her to go to the secret parties in the first place. So, it was great to see her point of view.

It was an easy read, just as easy as Delirium. I would kinda like to see the end of Hana's story. Does she marry the mayor's son? Do Hana and Lena ever reunite? I hope that we see more of Hana in the final book in the series. If we don't... then what was the point of this book? 


Rating: 4 stars

No comments: